Day 1: Cochin - Munnar
Arrival at Cochin Airport (assistance on arrival) and drive to Munnar (140 km – 4 hours drive), on arrival check into the hotel. Spend the day at leisure. Overnight stay is arranged in Munnar.
Day 2: Cochin - Munnar
After breakfast spend the day with local sightseeing. Situated at the confluence of three mountain streams - Mudrapuzha, Nallathanni and Kundale, Munnar is 1600 Meter above sea level. This majestic hill station was once the summer resort of the British government in South India. Local sightseeing of Munnar includes visit to Mattupetty Dam, Kundale Lake and Echo point. Afternoon proceed to Rajamalai were the rarest species of mountain goat, "Nilgiri Thars", can be spotted. Overnight stay is arranged at Munnar.
Day 3: Munnar - Thekkady
After breakfast check out from the hotel and drive to Thekkady (110 km, 4 hours drive), on arrival check into the hotel. Proceed for the sightseeing tour of Thekkady - one of the world's most fascinating wild life reserves. The Periyar wild life sanctuary in Thekkady is spread across 777 sq km of which 360 sq km is thick ever green forest. Noted for its geomorphology, diversity of wild life and scenic beauty, the sanctuary was declared a Tiger Reserve in 1978. Optional activities like Boating at Periyar Lake, Spice Plantation visit, Bamboo Rafting, Trekking and Elephant Ride can be done at an extra cost. Overnight stay is arranged in Thekkady.
Day 4: Thekkady - Kumarakom
After breakfast proceed for local sightseeing in and around Kumarakom - a tiny backwater hamlet perched on the western banks of the Vembanadu Lake. The stretch of backwater is spread over 900 sq. km. Choose a canoe, motor boat or a houseboat and devour the beauty of this backwater paradise at its best. Overnight stay is arranged in Kumarakom.
Day 5: Kumarakom - Alleppey
After breakfast check out from the hotel and drive to Alleppey (40 KM – 1 Hour drive). This is a quaint town flanked by the Arabian Sea in the west and has a vast network of lakes, lagoons and freshwater rivers criss-crossing it. Alleppey is an important backwater destination attracting several thousand foreign tourists every year and is also famous for its boat races, beaches, marine products and coir industry. Check into the Hotel. Overnight stay is on the hotel.
Day 6: Alleppey - Cochin Departure
After breakfast check out from the Hotel at Alleppey and drive to Cochin Airport (70 KM – 2 ½ Hours drive) for onward journey.
Actual Tour Cost: Rs. 34000/-
Kerala Holidays Special Rate: Rs. 25500/-*
• Accommodation with above mentioned hotels.
• All hotels with breakfast and houseboat ( if included with itinerary ) with all meals
• Accommodation with 1 Double room.
• Transfers and sightseeing by A/C INDICA at disposal includes driver bata, toll, parking, driver's night halt, fuel charges, interstate permit if necessary.
• 3.09% service tax applicable as per government rules
• Any Airfare
• Entrances fees
• Expenses of personal nature such as drinks, telephone, and laundry bills etc
• Tips and porter charges
• Any boating charges (motor boat / pedal boat).
• Any additional expenses incurred due to any flight delay or cancellation, weather conditions, political closures, technical faults etc
• Any other service/s not specified above
Terms and condition
• Valid with the hotels & cab recommended by company.
• Valid from 01 Apr 2013 – 31 Aug 2013.