Kerala had received some torrential rains this year. We KeralaHolidays.com have been receiving questions from a lot of potentional travellers "Is Munnar safe to visit?" Let us tell you, Munnar is now absolutely safe to visit.
Safety Measures Taken For Tourist Visiting Munnar
Some of the tourist spots are closed in Munnar as a security measure while tourist can visit Munnar as there are no major issues in Munnar apart from the torrential rains.
Road Situation In Kerala
All roads connecting Munnar and other important tourist destinations in Kerala are open.
• The road from Thekkady to Madurai / Munnar / Kochi / Kumarakom is open.
• The road from Munnar to Kochi / Periyar / Bodimet (Madurai road) is open.
• The road from Alleppey to Kochi / Kumarakom / Trivandrum is open.
• The road from Kumarakom to Kochi / Periyar / Alleppey / Trivandrum is open.
• The road from Kochi to all the directions of Kerala is open.
• The road from Calicut to Thrissur / Cochin / Wayanad / Kannur is open.
Current Situation Of Sightseeing Places In Munnar
You can plan your trip to Munnar and visit The Tea Museum, Cheyyappara, Valara Waterfalls, Flower Garden, Top Station, Echo Point, etc.
In fact the resorts at every tourist places in Kerala is now open with new and fresh look and waiting to receive tourists with a warm welcome.
September is considered as the best time to visit Kerala as the climate during this time is pleasant with usually no rains and the days are normally sunny. So, if you haven’t already cancelled your plan or still want to visit Munnar, you can go ahead with your trip of a lifetime in Kerala.